Beautiful Narrative Writing by Cores 1 and 3
Shang and the Great Escape
By Mia and Friends
Although Shang’s body was protesting, he got out of bed, put on his muddy workboots and pulled his hair up in a bun. He didn’t forget to put a towel around his neck.
Right now I am out in the fields with my family, planting and gathering wheat and barley.
The emperor walked out of his bedroom after his servant. At the top of the staircase were two other servants, and they were holding a rolled up red carpet.
The two servants unravelled the red carpet, and Qin walked down it.
Then he went down to the kitchen and packed his lunch. Today’s lunch was some cooked grain with homemade sauce to go with it. He also packed some water in a leather sack. After that, he made his grandfather breakfast.
Shang walked out of his small house made out of mud and sticks. The sun was just peeking over the horizon.
“Grandpa, your breakfast is ready,” yelled Shang
“Oh, and Grandpa, I’m leaving for work. I won’t be back till sundown.”
Shang walked out of his small house made out of mud and sticks. The sun was just peeking over the horizon.
The cool morning air greeted him as if it had been waiting for him. Shang sighed, turned, and started his long journey to the wheat fields.
Crops are a big part of life in Egypt. We use crops to pay our taxes. My family is in debt for 300,000 grains. The government is not happy, and we have two weeks to pay or my father will be taken away.
Papyrus for Sale
By Gracie Lou and Friends
“Papyrus for sale! Get your papyrus! Only fifty grains now.” The scribes were selling papyrus to citizens.
Right now I am out in the fields with my family, planting and gathering wheat and barley.
My sister and my mother are working on harvesting the barley, while my father, my brother, and I are working on harvesting the wheat.
“Ugghhh. I wish those annoying scribes would go away, and stop selling papyrus right next to our field. Why do they have to pick the road right next to our house to sell their stupid items.”
My family is worried about the scribes selling from door to door. While my family is saving up our grains, I am fending off the scribes with my bare, scratched, stained hands. The scribes believe themselves to be persuasive towards the farmers. They expect to sell many pages of papyrus to a farming family during the dry season.
My father says that these fools should leave the farmers alone during this season, especially while they're trying to gather grains for their taxes.
A Morning with Qin
By Jack and Friends
A Morning with Qin
By Jack and Friends
Blink.
The emperor had just woken up. His blurry eyes turned and caught a new image. It was his servant Jou, waiting for him to arise.
“Jou, how is the Wall?” Qin asked.
“Very well, your honor.”
Qin slowly crawled out of his bed. He strolled over to the window and peered into the land beyond. He smiled his toothy smile.
The empire is doing very well. What should I build next to expand it, or just to make it better? Oh well, I'll save that thought for another day.
He turned around and headed to his closet.
He carefully grabbed a red velvet robe with dragons sewn into it and a decorative golden chest piece of armor to top it off. Qin turned back around to see a mirror right in front of him that his servant was holding up beside himself.
“How do I look?” Qin asked.
“Especially royal today, your honor," Jou said.
“Exactly what I expected. Jou, you are now off duty for the morning.”
The emperor walked out of his bedroom after his servant. At the top of the staircase were two other servants, and they were holding a rolled up red carpet.
The two servants unravelled the red carpet, and Qin walked down it.







Comments
Post a Comment