More Impressions from Washington DC
Channing
Hudson
The National Gallery of Art is a time capsule. Painters worked for years and years on the paintings inside the walls of the building.
The paintings were the painters' children, the things they worked the hardest on and the things that gave them joy and hope in their most difficult times.
It’s interesting to me that we were close enough to feel the love and joy and time that went into each painting. The gallery was filled with passion.
The thing that made the largest impact on me was how much the painters loved what they did. Some people might see the artwork and think "Why? Why spend time on these paintings?"
But to me the gallery was all answers. The gallery showed me that if I do what I love and what makes me feel alive, there is no way I will not be appreciated, and no way I will be forgotten.
HudsonI felt small in comparison to the Cathedral. Our tour guide pointed out a life size portrait of Jesus in the middle of a stained glass window. It was six feet tall, and I thought it looked like it was about two feet tall!
Julia
Ellie
Majestic creatures, unknown saints, colorful rosettes about silent powerful stories cover the entire Cathedral.
Stories left hidden beneath the walls of thick stone.
Boss stones being watched, leaving forgotten secrets of the past behind to figure out.
Noelle
When you see how much detail the masons put into carving the stone, you're amazed ... and it would be really cool if the National Cathedral had a workshop to learn about carving stone.
Mary Holland
What a fun trip!!
Thank you to all the chaperones for your awesome help and to the students for your enthusiasm and curiosity!





Comments
Post a Comment