Field Day Improvisation; Reformation Tweets


Field Day was cancelled Friday because of the rain, but that didn't stop the 6th Graders from organizing their own, improvisational events during afternoon break.

The baton relay was a highlight -- I can't believe how fast some of you are!



Today, Cores 3 and 4 cheered for the preschoolers who were raising money for UVa Children's Hospital with their annual Trike-A-Thon. I enjoyed hearing several students talk about their fond memories of this event from years long ago.

You guys were great bubble blowers and cheerleaders today, and the preschoolers definitely appreciated your encouragement!

----------------

Meanwhile, in class, the students are hard at work writing informative and clever tweets by Martin Luther, Pope Leo, Johann Gutenberg and others. Here are some samples...

Peter's power provided persistent protection over Protestants.

                                                        (Mia, Ellie, Leo and Christopher)
Pope Leo X

Martin Luther? More like Martin Loser. Luther is a liar and his Theses are on fire. #Roasted.

                                                        (Maxwell, Bowen, William and Maya G.)

Restoring my soul is my goal
I'll destroy the priests' role
And bring back the religion they stole
#Rhyme_time

                                                        (Gracie, Priya, Gracie Lou, Charlotte, Lilly)

Knowledge is power, best invention since the shower,
New words every hour,
These books are as fresh as a blooming flower.
#Fresh

                                                        (Randolph, Morgan, Hailey, Asher)

The story of my soul, the Pope's not dope. 
I pray all night, to keep God on my side;
and Catholicism is closing. 
#One_Direction_to_God

                                                          (Nia, Vaya, Jack C. and Hunter)

If I had a nickel for every time a person mispronounced my name, I could build another dome. 
#Blessed
#Did_I_mention_I_invented linear_perspective?

                                                          (Hudson, Artie, Tilly)

Just doin' whatever I can to "Mach" this country stronger.
#Ends_justify_the_means

                                                          (Charlie M., Nolan, Henry)

These leaders are too weak.
Vote for my ideas and the truth will speak.
#Mean_is_the_new_nice

                                             (Randolph, Morgan, Hailey, Asher)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Renaissance and Reformation Tweets

Islam: Muhammad and the Spider Web

#Sofia_Gets_Deep